Sunday, December 27, 2009

Welcome to IHOB

Welcome to IHOB: International House of Books. The idea for this blog came after watching the 'Jane Austen Book Club'. We realized that our group of friends were coming to the end of our college years and we all would be going our separate ways. We need something that can bring us back together periodically, no matter where we are. Currently we are coming up with a list of 12 books, one for each month. We are also deciding on which day out of the month we will get online and blog about the book of the month. Feel free to add your two cents in when you feel like it.

Hope you decide to join in our discussions.


5 comments:

  1. Oh neat! This is such a fantastic idea and I'm so glad we're finally getting the chance to do it. :) I remember us talking about launching something like this - I've never been in a 'book club' and have always wanted to be. Thanks for the invite! I'm really looking forward to being a part of this. So, we coming up with book titles and 'meeting' times at the moment? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Taylor! I'm so so glad that you are in on this. Yes, Jodi and I spent some hours in "Barns and Noble" yesterday coming up with the reading list. We decided that the last Thursday of every month will be our disscussion day. Sound good? I emailed but I'll post it here too, lol, if you want to take a looksy through the 12 books and see one or more that you would like to start the discussion that month, let us know, we are more than excited for you to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for inviting me! It looks like a great reading list (I love that 2 of them are Jane Austen novels, and you even through in LWW!). I might not be able to read with you guys during this semester much, though. Between 2 of my classes I have 18 novels to read! Oh well. I can at least comment on some of the books I've already read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you absolutely can, Baley! Just read whatever you're able to. So glad you're going to do this with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh nice - the book list is great! I'm really looking forward to reading all of these! Haha yes, as Baley said as well, I may not have the chance to read all of them (or at least not thoroughly), but I will do the best I can! I'm excited. :) I've read a few of these already as well, so it will be lovely to read them again (or at least peruse them - hehe). Thanks so much for the invite and the list - I'm really psyched - my first time in a book club and with the perfect people :)

    ReplyDelete